I’ve been seeing these recently and I love ’em. Every time I think to myself how I should do this post. It’s been almost a dozen times. This time I actually forced myself off of the couch and got on the computer. Hey, I’ve had a rough week. I must have worked at least 10 hours. What I found when I looked was not just the two I had seen, but a third, new one! Well, it’s new to me. Anyway, if you haven’t seen these yet, I’m sure you’ll like them.
Tag Archives: awesome
Recently I saw someone posted about having seen lightning bugs already. Can’t remember if it was Joey at her blog or someone else on Facebook or who. I was pissed. Around my parts it always takes forever to get them, but once we do we REALLY get them.
I was driving around different areas and saw a bunch, whether in the country over some field, like a bunch of tiny UFOs abducting tiny cows, and near a river. Across the street from my house is a big field that has a creek running through it, and that creek circles around and flows behind my house. I always thought it strange that it took so long for us to get them little bugs that have the light up assholes, but I’m glad that we always do.
I rule. We all know this. I rule so much that I create things that get trademarked by people other than me. My award, for example, the Unshitty™ Blog Award was trademarked by twindaddy over at the Stuph™ Blog. That’s how much I rule. And how much does twindaddy rule? So much that he gave me another award!
You may have noticed it’s been a long time since I’ve been given an award (except for my own which ironically enough I didn’t give to myself) and the reason for this is I told twindaddy to stop giving me awards. Really. You see, he gets a ton of them at the Stuph™ Blog and he was on track to give me every single one of them. After all, part of the process of getting an award is handing them out to others. And because another part of the process is answering all types of questions to get the award I was just burnt out.
That’s not the case now. I’ll gladly accept any award and today is another one of those times. So thank you twindaddy, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
The award I’ve been given this time around is the prestigious Liebster Award. I’d also like to thank twindaddy for doing the research for me and telling me what Liebster means. It means “You fucking rock ass nuggets.” Just kidding. It means “dearest” in German. Sweet. I’ve been given the “dearest” award by another dude. That’s not gay at all.
And naturally I have to do some shit to get this shit, so let’s get on with the shit.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Shit. 11 things about myself that I haven’t said before? Okay…
1. I can play guitar. I’ve been playing it for 18 years now.
2. I have recorded songs with a friend of mine whom I used to play live with.
3. If you ask nicely I’ll let you hear them.
4. I also play bass guitar.
5. I also play saxophone.
6. I also play tuba.
7. I have played the piano.
8. I have also played a violin.
9. I have also played drums.
10. Those songs I recorded, I played every instrument on them. I also mixed and produced them.
11. On one of those songs I even did the singing. It’s a remake of a song that was previously unreleased by one of my favorite bands ever, Bare Jr. The song was given to me by the man himself, Bobby Bare Jr. who also agreed to let me remake the song. Unfortunately we never finished enough songs to have an album, so the song is still unreleased. Twice.
There, that was easy. Of course the next time I have to do this I’ll have nothing to say cause there’s nothing left. Okay, next step. Holy shit, 11 more questions? And then I have to THINK of 11 questions to ask? This is getting ridiculous. Please don’t tell me I have to ask… yup, there it is, 11 people… Anyway, here we go with twindaddy’s questions.
1. If you could live on any planet in that galaxy far, far away, which would it be?
I’ve honestly thought about this on more than one occasion and have quite a few places in mind, but I think my favorite so far (for no good damn reason) is the Saturn moon Titan. Sure it’s not a planet but it orbits Saturn and that’s gotta be a wicked awesome view at night, eh? Never mind the other handful of moons orbiting Saturn, I’m sure the sky looks freaking awesome. Plus, you know, Titan could potentially support life. From what I gather it’s the only other large rock in our solar system with liquid on its surface. It rules.
2. What is your favorite flavor Hot Pocket?
Sadly I know twindaddy’s favorite flavor. That’s not gay at all. Mine is the Philly Cheesesteak.
3. What does an ideal day consist of for you?
Sleeping and then working on shit online. I have enough blogs now to choke a camel. Lucky for me only a couple need my constant attention, but damn is it busy. I’d have it no other way. If only I could get paid for it.
4. You find the Stormtrooper armor sexy, don’t you?
5. Kirk or Picard?
You’re asking a Star Trek fan this question? Especially when you already know the answer?! Picard baby! Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing but love and respect for Kirk, he was awesome and he set the bar very high. But Picard is a badass. He runs the fucking X-Men for crying out loud. Now I’m sorry, but even though Jedi’s kick some seriously major ass, nothing beats the fucking X-Men.
6. If I were to say, “Watch out, hot buns coming through!” which type of buns would I be referring to?
Your sexy ass.
Not gay at all.
7. Who is your favorite comic book character?
Boris The Bear. You don’t need to know who he is. Just know that he fucking dominates.
8. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Oh I really don’t want to get into this right now. I have so much more typing to do already… just to throw ONE out there, Midnight Train To Terror.
9. Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone?
10. What the hell did you do that for?
I don’t know what the fuck I was thinking.
11. Why do you keep coming back to torment yourself with my inane writings?
I actually subscribed to your blog! Can you believe that shit?! And my inbox is currently full of notices of your posts for like the last two weeks. I need to do some catching up.
Ok, whew. Now I have to come up with 11 questions for those who are going to get this award. Let’s see if I can get through this in one piece.
1. What is your favorite brand of frozen pizza?
2. What is your favorite item at McDonald’s?
3. Have you ever been to Disney Land or World?
4. Favorite display in your local zoo.
5. Tastiest beer.
6. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
7. Favorite Beatles song?
8. What’s better, original 3 Star Wars movies, or newest 3?
9. What was your favorite pet?
10. Tic Tacs, breath mint or candy?
11. Tic Tacs, favorite flavor?
I’m feeling weak. This is draining me. Just kidding, I’m good to go. Now I have to list 11 people, not including twindaddy, to accept this award and do all of the stuff I just did. Thankfully I have a list of blogs I like to my right to look at. Unfortunately I have just over 11 and not everyone of them is getting it. Actually I don’t even have 11 to give it to for various reasons, such as not posting in almost a year to website being down and out at the moment. With that said, here are your winners.
That’s it. To the rest of you on my list there who didn’t get the award, it wasn’t cause I don’t like you, it’s cause you never post or your site is down. Get that fixed and you’ll get the next award!
Alrighty then. Now that I got through everything, I’m posting this and I’ll be off to let them all know about their award! Thanks again to twindaddy for this and I’ll see you all on the flip side.