It has come to my attention that there’s yet another blog out in the internet universe that isn’t shitty at all. So much so that it is UNshitty. I’m talking about the blog of a good friend of mine called Joeyfullystated. Joey writes about her everyday life in ways that will make you laugh, cry and say “Hey, I can relate.” But mostly you’ll laugh. She’s great.
I’m lucky to know her personally (well, through the internet) on Facebook and we have had our share of crazy conversations about you name it. It was even my advice (I like to believe) that got her to create that blog in the first place. When she finally goes all out and makes a living at it, I’d like to believe I had something to do with that as well. I’ll take as much credit for someone else’s greatness as I can. Until then I’ll give her my blog award and hope she sports it proudly, because her blog is very Unshitty.
So there you are Joey, you deserve it. Wear it with pride. And since it’s a blog award and no blog award is just GIVEN to someone without a shitton of work to do on your part (even though all of your hard work is what got you the award in the first place) here is the list of shit you have to do.
1. Thank or mention the person who gave it to you. This is only fair, since they did offer you this prestigious award.
2. Give an acceptance speech. It can be as short or long as you like, but it should probably be unshitty. Make it count.
3. Nominate some others. The number of people you should award it to is up to you. If you feel like nominating no other blogs for it, go for it.
4. Post the award on your blog somewhere. It doesn’t even have to be visible all the time. If you have some deep, dark corner of your blog where you put all of the shit you don’t want people to see, you can put it there. Just so long as it’s displayed.
5. That’s it. You can either save the award to your blog and host it there (preferred) or you can just link to it from here.
There you go, not that bad eh? I created it that way for that very reason, because it shouldn’t be crazy. Anyway, congrats Joey, I love you and your blog and I always look forward to reading what you’ve got to say. You truly are Unshitty.
A little side note, I offered her this award a month or two ago and she was so busy getting other awards that she told me to hold off on this one to give her a break. That’s why this is being awarded now instead of a month or two ago. She’s so great that she put off greatness because she’s full enough of it as is. Awesome.