Ok, it got to me. There was no escaping it. I had no control over it, and while I’d rather not do it, I don’t want to be a major dick about it, so here goes.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
I don’t know eleven people with blogs, so I’ll tag the ones I do know and we’ll see if they follow suit.
1. What is the most traumatic experience you’ve ever had?
When I was 21 I was dating this girl and we went out driving with one of my best friends. I was driving and I had a Dodge Neon stick shift. My friend was sitting next to me, girlfriend was in the back seat. I took them to a popular hill-hopping road and took off.
I went down the first hill, scraped the bottom of the car out on the road doing about 100. I threw it into fourth and gassed it up the next hill. We hit the top of that hill about 90 and flew off of the road. We landed halfway down the next side in the oncoming traffic lane. Thank God there were no cars coming.
When we landed, instead of hitting the breaks like I should have done, I just tried to get control of the car and lost control completely. We spun around backwards and went up the next hill that way, doing about 90, and crashed into a telephone pole. The telephone pole split in half and almost came completely down, wires and all. My trunk was perfectly centered around the pole, with the telephone pole sitting in the middle of my trunk. The back window shattered outward and was completely gone. The car accordioned inward a bit and my buddy couldn’t open his door.
The funny thing was, the telephone pole stopped right next to the six disc CD changer I had in the trunk, and the CD never skipped. If my scanner was any good I’d scan a picture of the Neon after the wreck.
2. If you could choose one moment in your life that defined who you are today, what was that moment?
I guess when I decided to stop putting up with people’s shit.
3. What is the happiest moment of your life? (there’s a theme here, I think)
When I married my wife. She makes me happy (most of the time).
4. What is your guilty pleasure song? As in, what song do you love that you don’t let on that you love because it’s embarrassing?
That one song from Dirty Dancing, the I had the time of my life song. I love it.
5. What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
This is a tough one because I actually just did a list of my 10 favorite movies, so any of the comedies on that list could count, but really I think it’s a toss up between Ghostbusters and Grandma’s Boy. Seriously.
6. Why, OH WHY, do you blog?
I have no clue. I think boredom plays a strong influence there. It’s not like I put out anything worthwhile.
7. What do you consider to be the most valuable personality trait in a friend?
They have to get me. If they don’t, they won’t.
8. How many licks does it truly take to get to the middle of a Tootsie Pop?
Don’t know and will never find out. I don’t really do sweets.
9. Do you watch reality shows? If so, what is your opinion of them?
It depends on what you consider a reality show, because certain shows are considered reality shows but they’re really game shows, like Survivor and The Amazing Race. If there is a prize to be won, it’s really a game show. But I know technically they’re considered reality, so I’ll go with The Biggest Loser and The Amazing Race, although I don’t make it a point to watch the Race all the time, but if I’m flipping through the channels and it’s on I’ll watch. Aside from those two I really don’t care much for the rest.
10. What is your best artistic quality or talent?
I don’t think I have one, even though I rock hard. I’ve played guitar for many years, but I’m nothing great on it. I just like to create, no matter how good or bad it is, I just enjoy creating things.
11. Do you watch sports? If so, what sports do you watch?
I’m a huge football and hockey fan, and I can stand baseball, but that’s it. I hate basketball almost with a passion and I can’t stand to watch soccer or golf and NASCAR isn’t a sport… but I totally love watching the Olympics every two years. That’s some good shit there, as well as the X Games.
Ok, and now for those I’m tagging… I’m not tagging you Twindaddy, cause I don’t want you to tag me again. And I don’t know 11 people, so here are those that I do know who blog.
And for the questions…
1. What dreams have you achieved?
2. What dreams have you yet to achieve?
3. Have you lost any friends that you used to have and you wish you could get them back?
4. What was your favorite car?
5. What was your favorite job?
6. Do you look forward to going to your current job?
7. Since you started blogging, what has been your favorite post by you?
8. By others?
9. What is your favorite side to a good roast?
10. What is your favorite zoo animal and why?
11. If you could go to space, what in particular would you like to see?
If you haven’t been tagged, you can still answer these of course. Let me know if you do.